Elite Team members Chris Cralle, Chandra Andrews, Tomas Cotter, Matt Byers, John Rizzo and Danielle Chapman all competed at the Wichita State KT Woodman Class, with Cralle, Andrews and Cotter all posting impressive victories in the Men’s Hammer, Women’s Hammer, and Men’s 1500m, respectively! Matt Byers finished 2nd in the Men’s Javelin. Chandra Andrews also hosted Nike’s Ryann Krais who competed in the meet. Click here for complete results >> KTWoodman 2014 Day 3 results and KT Woodman 2014 Day 4 Results
Elite Team members Chris Cralle, Chandra Andrews, Matt Byers and Jon Rizzo took their throwing toys to Emporia, KS for the ESU Spring Open. Cralle and Andrews posted impressive victories in the Hammer, while Byers and Rizzo finished 2nd and 5th respectively in the Javelin. Check the link below for complete results!
Laura has met her planking goals and is now ready to challenge you with the next steps in your 2014 fitness regimen! This month’s articles include -
- Crossfit – Myth or Miracle
- Perfect Pushups and Wall-sits!
- Crossfit Nutrition!
See the Beats and Eats section for Laura’s latest!
Still have a desire to “put your foot down” on the track??? STC announces updated membership information for individuals interested in the Masters/Open team!! Check the links for general information and the membership application!
General Information >> STC Masters General Flyer 2013 2014
Membership Application >> Shocker Track Club Masters Open App 3.2014
Follow the link to listen to a great interview STC Elite member Tomas Cotter did this week on Irish radio. Tomas recently opened up his indoor season with a personal best time of 8:09.59 in the 3000m at Iowa State. It’s a great listen! http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/LMFM/2014/02/23/2302TomasCotterpod.mp3
Here’s an update on “happenings” in the Shocker Track Club -
- Elite Team – The Roster for the 2013-2014 outdoor season is being finalized and will include some outstanding additions! Watch this link for details >> http://www.shockertrackclub.com/sample-page/
- Youth Team – The indoor season is winding to a close, but planning for the outdoor season is progressing quickly!! Watch this link for details >> http://www.shockertrackclub.com/blog/
- Masters/Open Team – A planning committee has completed their work in defining the organization of the team leadership. Watch this link for details >> http://www.shockertrackclub.com/masters/
- Membership/Sponsorship – A revised membership/sponsorship program will be announced soon that will simplify the categories and provide more opportunities for “targeted support” of Shocker Track Club teams and activities. Stay tuned for details!
- STC Logo – The Shocker Track Club logo and name are now registered with the State of Kansas, Secretary of State.
Well, not really! But it is time to integrate planks into your exercise regimen to strengthen your abs. Check out Laura’s latest articles in the “Beats and Eats” section!
“What Are Planks?”
“Kick Your Planks Up a Notch!”
“Plank Happy Recipes!”
Shocker Track Club Elite Team members Chris Cralle, Chandra Andrews, Fernada Blakely, and Darius Draudvila returned to action in the Wichita State University Herm Wilson Indoor Invitational. Cralle (Weight Throw), Andrews (Weight Throw), and Blakely (200m) all posted impressive victories. Click here for complete results >> http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/7500/2013%20Track%20&%20Field/Results/results%20final.htm?SPID=2843&DB_OEM_ID=7500
Intrigued by the possibility of volunteering at a track meet? Want to give back to track and field? Then becoming a USATF certified Official might be for you! The Shocker Track Club and the USATF Missouri Valley Association will conduct a certification clinic for certification of new officials and recertification at the Wichita State University Heskett Center on Saturday, February 1, 2014 beginning at 8:00 a.m. Individuals attending the clinic must bring their current USATF membership card or current membership number with them to the clinic for verification. Select the Certification link in the Officials/Volunteer pull-down menu for clinic information. See you there!