Follow the link to listen to a great interview STC Elite member Tomas Cotter did this week on Irish radio. Tomas recently opened up his indoor season with a personal best time of 8:09.59 in the 3000m at Iowa State. It’s a great listen! http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/LMFM/2014/02/23/2302TomasCotterpod.mp3
Here’s an update on “happenings” in the Shocker Track Club -
- Elite Team – The Roster for the 2013-2014 outdoor season is being finalized and will include some outstanding additions! Watch this link for details >> http://www.shockertrackclub.com/sample-page/
- Youth Team – The indoor season is winding to a close, but planning for the outdoor season is progressing quickly!! Watch this link for details >> http://www.shockertrackclub.com/blog/
- Masters/Open Team – A planning committee has completed their work in defining the organization of the team leadership. Watch this link for details >> http://www.shockertrackclub.com/masters/
- Membership/Sponsorship – A revised membership/sponsorship program will be announced soon that will simplify the categories and provide more opportunities for “targeted support” of Shocker Track Club teams and activities. Stay tuned for details!
- STC Logo – The Shocker Track Club logo and name are now registered with the State of Kansas, Secretary of State.
Well, not really! But it is time to integrate planks into your exercise regimen to strengthen your abs. Check out Laura’s latest articles in the “Beats and Eats” section!
“What Are Planks?”
“Kick Your Planks Up a Notch!”
“Plank Happy Recipes!”
Shocker Track Club Elite Team members Chris Cralle, Chandra Andrews, Fernada Blakely, and Darius Draudvila returned to action in the Wichita State University Herm Wilson Indoor Invitational. Cralle (Weight Throw), Andrews (Weight Throw), and Blakely (200m) all posted impressive victories. Click here for complete results >> http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/7500/2013%20Track%20&%20Field/Results/results%20final.htm?SPID=2843&DB_OEM_ID=7500
Intrigued by the possibility of volunteering at a track meet? Want to give back to track and field? Then becoming a USATF certified Official might be for you! The Shocker Track Club and the USATF Missouri Valley Association will conduct a certification clinic for certification of new officials and recertification at the Wichita State University Heskett Center on Saturday, February 1, 2014 beginning at 8:00 a.m. Individuals attending the clinic must bring their current USATF membership card or current membership number with them to the clinic for verification. Select the Certification link in the Officials/Volunteer pull-down menu for clinic information. See you there!
….to get in shape!!! Big time!! And Laura has a plan for you to take off unwanted pounds, tighten those abs, and get ready to perform at your maximum capabilities later this spring and summer! See the Beats and Eats section for the following articles!
- New Year’s Resolution
- Best of the Worst Holiday Food
- Selecting a Heart Rate Monitor
The KCAC conference has requested the assistance of the Shocker Track Club to identify certified Officials for its 2014 Indoor Championship meet. The meet will be held in Manhattan, KS at Kansas State University’s Ahearn Field house on February 7 and 8, 2014. Contact Dr. Scott Crawford, Ph.D, Commissioner, Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in officiating at this great meet!
Here are the results from the 2014 Bill Butterworth Youth/Open/Master’s Meet held at Wichita State University … 2014 Butterworth Results
It’s not too late to register for the 2013-2014 indoor season! Click on the following links for complete information -
Practices for Pole Vaulters are on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at the Wichita State University Heskett Center
Practices for runners are on Tuesday, Friday at the Wichita State University Heskett Center, and Saturday at the Wichita State University Cessna Stadium throws area.
Additional information can be found in the Youth Team section!
The Shocker Track Club Family and Nation wishes you and yours a very Merry Christmas!